Flower Dance

3:36 PM

I particpated in the Flower Dance at Rainbow Road in Auburn, KS. The Flower Dance was brought to us by Susan Sykes through Vision Quest from Stone Dance this past Spring. The Flower Dance has come from the time of the Zero Chiefs, and this was its first known manifestation for many generations. The Dance is a series of sacred geometrical patterns representing the Flower of Life. My beloved, my sister, and eleven others of us particpated as dancers. There was an amazing sweat lodge the night before and we began the dance as the sun inched over the horizon.



I am on the right along setting up my mesa along with an amazing collective of medicine workers, including the Honorable Reverend Daniel Levi (D-2) on the far left, Teri an amazing curandera one to the right, and Alan is the gentleman smoking his pipe behind me and one of the greatest drummers and drum-makers in the country.


A close-up of the Grandfather Tree and all the prayers surrounding him. We made 88 prayer ties each.


The Grandfather Tree a step back.


Me working my mesa with some Aqua de Florida during one of the breaks. And yes, those are girly pajama pants!


More of the Grandfather, with a view of the Northern Gate into the Circle. It was a marvelous time and I thank Susan whole-heartedly for the experience!  I look forward to dancing the Flower Dance again soon...

You Might Also Like

0 comments