Paqowachu

2:51 PM

Just recently, I embarked upon my paqowachu, the vision quest to encapsulate my Pachakuti Mesa apprenticeship. I will not go into details about my vision, I am sure that will manifest in who I am and how I express myself over time. I will, however, post some photos of the areas and logistics.

I went to the Great Sand Dunes area in Southern Colorado, the Sangre de Cristo range. Below is  a pick of the Dunes, looking to the North/Northwest. The Sangre de Cristo arch around from the North to the Eastern side fo the Dunes, forming a peninsula of fourteeners. The jagged peaks to the left are Crestone. It was Crestone Peak that originally called me to the area, though is not my primary apu (mountain lord).


This is Mount Herard. I had some questing there to do before I set off for Blanca, my primary apu. Herard called for my blood and sweat and toil. Go Herard...


Then I set off for Blanca Peak, in the Eastern peninsula, the Southern most section fo the Sangre de Cristo, and the Eastern Gate of the Dine (Navajo) Nation. Blanca is said to be fastened to the Earth by lightening.

Blanca is the left, though just looks smaller because the range to the right is closer. I have no idea what the peak on the right is called, so I just called her Mount Moraya, after my new medicine kitten at home.


I went far up the mountain. Here was my view when I settled. You can barely see Blanca on the left.


Better shot...this was my view of Moraya the whole time, facing East. Moraya was my beacon to Blanca, because Blanca is much too high and treacherous to get any closer to.


When I turned to the West, this was my view of San Luis Valley (though my direct view was a little more to the South, didn't get a great pic at the time....was busy questing).


There were many wonderful confirmations throughout the trip. Here was a random hovel in the rocks on the side of the road leaving San Luis Valley. Perfect resonance with my experience.




And Garden of the Gods on the way out through Colorado Springs. Ancestors are heavy there...a lot of good medicine when the tourists aren't around.


Overall, a perfect trip. Again, can't really go in to it, but maybe I'll do a painting soon that speaks more the essence of the journey. Llankay munay yuyay yachay hunuy...












You Might Also Like

0 comments