BURLESQUE Complete

12:48 AM


I have finally completed my first spoken-word (sometimes singy-songy) CD: Burlesque.

I started it about a year ago and it went on hiatus until around the new year. 2010 really became my year to finish my novel R.E.D., so that was priority. Though as the winter months came I started listening a lot to my friend the Honorable Reverend Dr. Daniel Levi Copp's music from Clear White Light Sites and watching him pump out album after album and....I got inspired. Burlesque is a stream-of-consciousness foray into the weird and the absurd; an attempt to pull back the curtains on the carnival of my subconscious. Some of the lyrics come from poems from way back in college, some are more current musings I pulled from my journals. There are a couple of actual songs on here, as well.

Most of the music is from Garageband because I lack the talent and skill to produce my own music, though there are a few tracks you can hear my guitar, drums, and other mixtures of sound. I hope to collaborate with the Honorable Reverend Dr. Daniel Levi Copp on the next one, where Garageband would not be needed. Once I get the CDs manufactured I may/may not have a release party, but will most definitely be posting them on a Daed Thread webstore.

We'll see . . .



You Might Also Like

0 comments